Re: PAB some policy advising: Arts

Dan Busarow (dan@dpcsys.com)
Tue, 24 Feb 1998 12:59:47 -0800 (PST)

On Tue, 24 Feb 1998, Mark Henderson-Thynne wrote:
> >makes most sense to the registrars. I suspect they'll agree with
> >.arts but it would be nice to ask :)
>
> I thinks .arts would make a poor entry choice as it (with rules regarding
> assignment) has limited appeal. There is also the problem of the challenge
> against the right to use .arts by (I think) Skyscape.

Guess asking CORE was appropriate :) I know your's isn't an official
voice Mark but it counts to me.

My reasoning wrt .arts was that I *thought* it was probably somewhere
in the middle popularity wise. Using the least, or even second least
popular gTLD is probably not a good idea. Using the most popular
seems dangerous as well. The registrars would have much greater
financial exposure if the USG were to shut CORE down.

The idea is to get something operational. Not to limit CORE to
one TLD as the GP would have it. Start with something in the middle
and add the rest as circumstances permit.

I think your other comments support pulling *any* policing policy
out of the charter.

Dan

--
 Dan Busarow,  PAB Deputy Chair                               714 443 4172
 DPC Systems / Beach.Net                                    dan@dpcsys.com