Re: PAB nIANA facts

Oscar A. Robles Garay (orobles@nic.mx)
Tue, 9 Jun 1998 08:56:40 -0500 (CDT)

On Tue, 9 Jun 1998, Sascha Ignjatovic wrote:

> USA have a great contribution for the internet and in this way it should
> be honored by having the dns management headquortered in US

I am very grateful, too, my point is not where the nIANA will be allocated,
my point is what set of laws will apply to this body.

> the headquorters of the future would be more virtual than geographical
> as cyberspace becomms "more importand" than geographical-space
>
> we have to build a virtual earth with headquorter in cyberspace
> to wich we all have the same "distance"-namely no distance at all!
>
> just a mouse klick :-)

Yes, but our legal structures ask for a physical address in someplace because
we are not prepared for allocate some organization (civil, ltd, Inc, etc) under
the international waters of the cyberspace.

Again, my point is not against this nIANA, neither against let Dr. Postel
launch it, we support him, if he need it, the point is that we (PAB) can
guide this new organization to be an international one, not a national agency.

Saludos,
Oscar Alejandro
==
((======)) I n g . O s c a r A. R o b l e s G a r a y