Re: [ifwp] Re: Users need to be able to speak for themselves(Was:

Alex Kamantauskas (alexk@tugger.net)
Fri, 4 Dec 1998 17:39:36 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 4 Dec 1998, Jeff Williams wrote:

> Alex and all,
>
> This is incorrect Alex, as I voted through a web interface in 1996
> and still have the verification of voting from the state of Texas.

Well, according to the person in charge of running the elections in Texas,
this statement just cannot be true. Perhaps they were lying to me?

> It may be that whomever you spoke with was not aware.

I spoke to the person in charge of elections. Are you telling me that
the person who is in charge of elections in the state of Texas is not
aware that a Texan can vote via the Internet?

> State offices are often like that.

Especially the state office that is in charge of elections and election
processes.

> However I will recheck myself and relay back when I have someting....

I'm sure you will.

--
Alex Kamantauskas
Tugger Networks