RE: Addition of Joe Sims to Participants Mailing List

Roberto Gaetano (Roberto.Gaetano@etsi.fr)
Fri, 18 Dec 1998 09:20:34 +0100

Roeland,

While I don't argue for the time being with the contents of your complaint
(I am confident that the solution I proposed could be fair enough), I would
like to ask you not to consider Bob Shaw in any way responsible for this.

When the DNSO started getting going, Bob Shaw kindly offered to host the
list, and to provide the technical expertise to make it running, but aksed
also not to be involved in policy decisions on the contents of the list
(yes, he saw this eventually happening).

He is in no way responsible for the mess we (the DNSO people who defined the
number of lists and the policy for each of them) have done. So please, feel
free to continue complaining if things don't go the way you like, but Bob
Shaw is the wrong person to shoot at.

Thanks for your understanding.
Roberto

P.S.: as I don't like cross postings, I will forward this post separately to
the IFWP list, as this may be of interest to everybody.