RE: January DNSO meeting for the trademark interests

Roberto Gaetano (Roberto.Gaetano@etsi.fr)
Tue, 22 Dec 1998 09:35:44 +0100

Roeland,

I think we now mutually understand the differences in our points of view
(and the similarities as well!), so, no need for further development of this
thread, just one single comment on one line of yours.

You wrote:

...... I could even postulate that evil-intent would be better than
> such ignorance.

You may be right, but there's one thing that is better with ignorance than
evil intent: in the former case you can hope that somebody knowledgeable
(even with different approach) will jump onboard and help steering the
machine in the good direction, while in the latter case you fight against
this happening.

Regards
Roberto

P.S.: about "release early, release often", you're damn right.
After 20+ years of SW development, I have understood the evil in it for SW.
I hope it will take me less to understand it for politics ;>)