RE: [ifwp] IS it time for a new DNSO?

Roberto Gaetano (Roberto.Gaetano@etsi.fr)
Wed, 23 Dec 1998 12:04:28 +0100

Hi, all.

Jeff wrote:

> Due to recent events in the formation of a DNSO at www.dnso.org,
> one is almost forced to ask, "Is it time for a new DNSO?" Some on these
>
> lists have already indicated as much. Lets look at the facts as we know
> them
> now.

I see.

In principle, to have competition is a very good thing.
I am looking forward to have another group that gathers support from the
folks that don't feel represented in the DNSO.ORG, also considering that
sooner or later we all have to sit around a table and come to a reasonable
compromise.

Nevertheless, looking at whois info, DNSO.COM seems to start with the wrong
foot....

B/etc[12]whois dnso.com
[rs.internic.net]

Registrant:
Damn Nuisance Silly Organization c/o the Gnomes of Zurich
(DNSO3-DOM)
12 Scheissenstrasse
Geneva, The French Quarter 666
CH

Domain Name: DNSO.COM
Domain Status: On Hold

Administrative Contact, Technical Contact, Zone Contact:
Sexton, Richard J (RS79) richard@VRX.NET
+1 (613) 473-1719 (FAX) n/a
Billing Contact:
Sexton, Richard J (RS79) richard@VRX.NET
+1 (613) 473-1719 (FAX) n/a

Record last updated on 14-Dec-98.
Record created on 23-Sep-98.
Database last updated on 22-Dec-98 03:16:26 EST.

Domain servers in listed order:

NS1.VRX.NET 199.166.24.1 204.138.71.254
NS3.VRX.NET 199.166.24.3

The InterNIC Registration Services database contains ONLY
non-military and non-US Government Domains and contacts.
Other associated whois servers:
American Registry for Internet Numbers - whois.arin.net
European IP Address Allocations - whois.ripe.net
Asia Pacific IP Address Allocations - whois.apnic.net
US Military - whois.nic.mil
US Government - whois.nic.gov

Are you sure that this will be a good PR vehicle for the group?

Best regards, and Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody.
Roberto