RE: DNSO Dilemma

Roberto Gaetano (Roberto.Gaetano@etsi.fr)
Thu, 24 Dec 1998 16:20:35 +0100

David,

You wrote:

> There is, of course, a solution to the incorporation dilemma.
>
> Join the general membership of ICANN, and form an advisory committee on
> DNS
> matters.
>
> Given the risks and lack of benefits, plus the duplication of effort
> involved in a separate DNSO, it may be worth considering.

Except for the fact that we have a process already ongoing, with a deadline.
ICANN will select a DNSO based on applications presented by Feb.5 1999.

I guess that the DNSO that will be selected will have the option to
transform itself into an ICANN Advisory Board, but right now the reality is
different.

Roberto