Re: DNSO Dilemma

Michael Sondow (msondow@iciiu.org)
Thu, 24 Dec 1998 16:26:39 -0500

Roberto Gaetano a écrit:

> David,
>
> You wrote:
>
> > There is, of course, a solution to the incorporation dilemma.
> >
> > Join the general membership of ICANN, and form an advisory committee on
> > DNS
> > matters.
> >
> > Given the risks and lack of benefits, plus the duplication of effort
> > involved in a separate DNSO, it may be worth considering.
> >
> Except for the fact that we have a process already ongoing, with a deadline.
> ICANN will select a DNSO based on applications presented by Feb.5 1999.
>
> I guess that the DNSO that will be selected will have the option to
> transform itself into an ICANN Advisory Board, but right now the reality is
> different.

Only if we accept the Interim Board's version of reality. Personally, I like
david's version better. If the DNSO efforts (ours and the ORSC's) refuse to go
along with a DNSO separate from ICANN, then the Interim Board will have to
reconsider. Don't forget that all this has to get past the NTIA before it can
become authoritative.