Re: (Nearly) everything is feasible (was: somehting else.....)

Michael Sondow (msondow@iciiu.org)
Wed, 23 Dec 1998 03:46:22 -0500

Amadeu Abril i Abril a écrit:

> Kent Crispin wrote:
> >
> > On Tue, Dec 22, 1998 at 10:54:22AM +0100, Roberto Gaetano wrote:
> > [...]
> > >
> > > Can I have a clear confirmation (in words that a layman with average IQ like
> > > myself can understand) that
> > >
> > > It is intended that Supporting Organizations and their councils will have a
> > > separate organizational identity from that of ICANN, and that ICANN's
> > > relationship with the SO's, to the extent necessary apart from the bylaws,
> > > will be by contract.
> > >
> > > means that the DNSO must be incorporated separately?
> As Kent already replied, this seems to be the easiset, fastest and cleanest
> solution under current constraints (ie, ICANN's note on SOs), if not the only.

A note from those people is now a "constraint" on the Internet community? I beg
to remind you that the U.S. Government told the Internet community to
self-organize, not to take orders from five people about what they have to do.
Are you abdicating your role as a representative of the DNS interests? If so,
then say so and let others do it. If you are a servant of a Washington lawyer
and the ex-VP of EFF, then you don't merit the trust that the White Paper put in
you: to self-organize and self-regulate the Internet.