Re: DNSO APPLICATION TIMETABLE

Amadeu Abril i Abril (Amadeu@nominalia.com)
Sun, 03 Jan 1999 20:26:36 +0100

Roeland M.J. Meyer wrote:

> Hello Amadeu,
>
> Might I point out that, although The time period encompasses almost two
> weeks, those two weeks are probably the busiest two weeks of the year, what
> with two major holidays, EOY accounting and holiday staff reductions.
> Although I understand the dilemma, it is no time for such shanannigans. You
> will not get quality input from this. It would be better to allow another
> business week. Has someone commented to ICANN that the time period is too
> short for quality work?

Yes, Roeland, these are the busiest two weeks in the year. And the last two
years have been probably the busiest to years in the lifes of some of us.....

BTW, I would like pointing out some points that I have made to other people/lists:

* The message I sent yesterday is a timetable, not exactly a call for
comments. Not just that. It sets our guess of the best schedule in order to
have an application ready before Feb 5 (not an easy task).

* In this regard, there is NO deadline on Jan 5. We announce a new draft, and
simply remind everyone that come nts sent to the *current* craft will MOST
PROBABLY NOT BE TREATED in this next draft, to by published on Jan 12. Perhaps
they are, but for obvious time reasons they risk to be reviewed later.

* Even if it was a real deadline, it would have been a 21-days deadline, not a
three-days one. Please be aware that the previous draft was published and
distributed on Dec 16, even if it had hit many lists a few days before....
Since them we have been encouraging comments.

* In fact it was expected that the 18 days already lapsed since the
publication
of our last draft (and even more for the INTA draft byalws) were more than
enough for most responsible organisations and more interested people in order
have an idea about what thy like/dislike/miss in these docs. Everyone knows
form
at least the end of last summer that a DNSO had to be created, and the most
responsible entites have been wroking very hard on this effort. The fact that
ICANN
exists, that it calls for a DNSO and that this has to be wroked out by the
interested
parties as it will not fall form heaven are clear facts to you, myeslef and
everynone
else. I fail two see your call for delay, based in your wrok burdens during
the next
two weeks. In fact, it will be tha drafting team that will work very yard for
all of
us. Then we will re-start shooting at them ;-)

Best regards,

Amadeu