Re: DNSO APPLICATION TIMETABLE

Esther Dyson (edyson@edventure.com)
Sun, 3 Jan 1999 18:44:39 -0500

William,
excuse me, but I think he is seeking the consensus *now* (and has been for a
while), if you would care to comment on the substance of the proposals....

Yours,
Esther Dyson (watching with interest)

At 02:28 PM 03/01/99 -0800, William X. Walsh wrote:

>On 03-Jan-99 Amadeu Abril i Abril wrote:
>> William X. Walsh wrote:
>>>
>>> On 02-Jan-99 Amadeu Abril i Abril wrote:
>>
>> [...]
>>>
>>> Who is the "We" you speak of above

?SNIP

>To be the leadership of the "Domain Names Supporting Organization" you must be
>speaking for the stakeholders your organization would claim to represent. I
>think it quite apparent this is not the case currently.
>
>This is not to say that some of the results of this process are not positive.
>Kent's recent posting regarding online voting and the issues surrounding it was
>quite informative and productive.
>
>But this DNSO has not yet sought significant consensus from its public
>participants.
>
>----------------------------------
>E-Mail: William X. Walsh <william@wxweb.qnis.net>
>Date: 03-Jan-99
>Time: 14:20:35
>----------------------------------

Esther Dyson Always make new mistakes!
chairman, EDventure Holdings
interim chairman, Internet Corp. for Assigned Names & Numbers
edyson@edventure.com
1 (212) 924-8800
1 (212) 924-0240 fax
104 Fifth Avenue (between 15th and 16th Streets; 20th floor)
New York, NY 10011 USA
http://www.edventure.com

High-Tech Forum in Europe: October 1999, Budapest
PC Forum: 21 to 24 March 1999, Scottsdale (Phoenix), Arizona
Book: "Release 2.0: A design for living in the digital age"