Re: My app declined

Alex Kamantauskas (alexk@tugger.net)
Wed, 6 Jan 1999 12:48:52 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 6 Jan 1999, jeff Williams wrote:

> > > Yeah well this is typical of a industry that has questionable ethics in
> > > their policies and how some states allow certain less that ethical
> > > operations of this sort continue to operate as though they were
> > > legitimate.
> >
> > Like the DNSO process?
>
> Depends on which "DNSO" you are referring to. If it is DNSO.ORG, than to
> some extent, yes, as they have already demonstrated some lack of judgment
> at the very least, from the very beginning with the "Musical Mailing
> List Fiasco" with respect to the "Participants List" and than claiming
> openness and transparency.

I agree.

> > Much unlike that. In fact, you don't even have to pay to become ordained
> > by the ULC. I believe http://www.ulc.org/ is their home page. The
> > underlying sentiment of the Church is sound, although it can easily be
> > corrupted by those whose ethics are, um, lacking.
>
> How often do they pass around the donations plate or request donations
> from it's members via phone calls I wonder, hummmm? Do you know?

Never, as far as I can tell. The church is run by a very small number of
people, maybe five or six. The only solicitations they make are when they
send you the ordination certificate, at which point they offer their
'religious degrees'. That's the last communication you get from them.

> BTW, their site is rather slow, but I suppose some miracles take longer
> than others. Or jesus isn't working in operations today I suppose! >;)

You get what you pay for, I imagine.

--
Alex Kamantauskas
Tugger Networks