Re: Invitation

Joop Teernstra (terastra@terabytz.co.nz)
Sat, 09 Jan 1999 12:23:04 +1200

At 01:30 9/01/99 +0200, Dr Eberhard W Lisse wrote:

>> I am now considering attending, if I can find travel funds. I only
>> need $500, as I travel on senior discounts, adn will stay with a
>> relative on Capitol Hill in WAS.
>
>This is another big problem that I have, whether it is open or closed,
>it excludes all developing countries. Never mind the short notice, who
>has the funds to hop over there just like that?

Eberhard,
I'm glad you add your voice to this argument. F2F is not the way of the
internet. It selectively empowers those who have financial interests at
stake , but it effectively excludes the countless small players and their
advocates, and not only those in the developing world or in faraway places
like New Zealand.

Please let the DNSO embrace models of on-line based get-togethers and
decisionmaking.
And let it "advise" ICANN to do the same.

--Joop--
http://www.democracy.org.nz/