Re: [ifwp] Re: Ripple

Esther Dyson (edyson@edventure.com)
Sun, 10 Jan 1999 15:40:27 -0500

FWIW, that was before I had any responsibility for deciding on such
matters.... (Of course, I could say that I was right after all and leave it
at that!)

Esther

At 02:22 PM 10/01/99 -0500, Richard J. Sexton wrote:
>At 01:44 PM 1/10/99 -0500, Martin B. Schwimmer wrote:
>>
>>After all, Ms. Dyson's article on the Grateful Dead model of intellectual
>>property management proves that she will never sell out the Internet to
>>trademark interests.
>
>Have you read the section on net domain names in her latest book ?
>
>While she has personally admitted it was "naive", I have a problem
>with such shallow analysis which is later written off as "I was
>wrong". Who knows what to trust then?
>
>--
>"To find out what your opponent is up to, look at what he
>says about you" - unknown

Esther Dyson Always make new mistakes!
chairman, EDventure Holdings
interim chairman, Internet Corp. for Assigned Names & Numbers
edyson@edventure.com
1 (212) 924-8800
1 (212) 924-0240 fax
104 Fifth Avenue (between 15th and 16th Streets; 20th floor)
New York, NY 10011 USA
http://www.edventure.com

High-Tech Forum in Europe: October 1999, Budapest
PC Forum: 21 to 24 March 1999, Scottsdale (Phoenix), Arizona
Book: "Release 2.0: A design for living in the digital age"