Re: A modest proposal - compare the proposals

Esther Dyson (edyson@edventure.com)
Tue, 12 Jan 1999 20:27:59 -0500

Ellen, thanks so much! We can link to this from the ICANN Website.

Esther

At 12:02 PM 12/01/99 -0800, Ellen Rony wrote:
>Esther Dyson wrote:
>
>>It would help those of us who can't do this fulltime to see a side-by-side
>>comparison of the various proposals some time before Jan 22.
>
>>This is akin to the task Ellen ROny did so well and faithfully through the
>>ICANN/et al. bylaw iterations, but as I understand it she has demurred this
>>time.
>
>I was hoping someone would pick up the gauntlet, but having developed a
>stylistic mechanism that appears to be effective, I am willing to commit
>time to produce this comparison.
>
>HOWEVER, in the case of the ICANN Bylaws comparison, we had a jointly
>agreed upon baseline document. Which do I use as the baseline here,
>without prejudicing the outcome?
>
>I know that the ORSC document builds on the DNSO.ORG document (December
>18), but is there a subsequent DNSO iteration at this point?
>
>If y'all can agree on the URLs that provide the latest DNSO, ORSC and INTA
>versions which will be used at the January 22 meeting, I'll work up the
>comparison. If the structure varies among them, the differences will be
>harder to assess.
>
>My young son asked me to focus on income-producing activities this year, so
>what you may sense as diminished enthusiasm for the task ahead is simply
>the line I have to maintain between my DNS passion and a need to keep the
>wolf away from the door.
>

>Ellen Rony Co-author
>The Domain Name Handbook http://www.domainhandbook.com
>================================ // ===================================
>ISBN 0879305150 *=" ____ / +1 (415) 435-5010
>erony@marin.k12.ca.us \ ) Tiburon, CA
> // \\ "Carpe canine"

Esther Dyson Always make new mistakes!
chairman, EDventure Holdings
interim chairman, Internet Corp. for Assigned Names & Numbers
edyson@edventure.com
1 (212) 924-8800
1 (212) 924-0240 fax
104 Fifth Avenue (between 15th and 16th Streets; 20th floor)
New York, NY 10011 USA
http://www.edventure.com

High-Tech Forum in Europe: October 1999, Budapest
PC Forum: 21 to 24 March 1999, Scottsdale (Phoenix), Arizona
Book: "Release 2.0: A design for living in the digital age"