Re: icc comments on dnso draft

Kent Crispin (kent@songbird.com)
Fri, 15 Jan 1999 17:39:08 -0800

On Fri, Jan 15, 1999 at 06:58:40PM -0500, Michael Sondow wrote:
> Kent Crispin wrote:
> >
> > The ICC has submitted extensive comments to the DNSO draft.
> > Personally, I think their
> > comments are *extremely* good -- thoughtful, considered, and
> > productive.
>
> Kent Crispin-
>
> The ICC would exclude independent Internet users, the overwhelming majority
> of users, from membership in the DNSO. Do you agree with this exclusion of
> the users?

No.

> Your remark above seems to indicate that you do agree.

You are jumping to conclusions that are not warranted. My remark
indicates that I think the comments were thoughtful, considered, and
productive. The ICC makes many comments on many issues, some with
which I agree, and some with which I don't.

Just to be sure you understand:

Someone can make thoughtful comments that you disagree with.
Someone can make considered comments that you disagree with.
Someone can present such comments in a manner likely to lead to
productive debate and perhaps a polite and agreeable compromise.

--
Kent Crispin, PAB Chair				"Do good, and you'll be
kent@songbird.com				lonesome." -- Mark Twain