Re: icc comments on dnso draft

Kent Crispin (kent@songbird.com)
Fri, 15 Jan 1999 23:43:55 -0800

On Sat, Jan 16, 1999 at 01:37:51AM -0500, Michael Sondow wrote:
> Kent Crispin a écrit:
>
> > Just to be sure you understand:
> >
> > Someone can make thoughtful comments that you disagree with.
> > Someone can make considered comments that you disagree with.
> > Someone can present such comments in a manner likely to lead to
> > productive debate and perhaps a polite and agreeable compromise.
>
> Hmmm. I guess this is some sort of "instruction" that you're giving me, eh,
> Kent? It's been a long time since I was instructed in how to behave.

I wasn't instructing you on how to behave -- that is a lost cause; I
was instructing you on the meaning of certain english words:
"thoughtful", "considered", and "productive".

> At the
> age of fifty-five, it's a little unusual to be receiving instruction,
> especially from someone about fifteen years my junior,

Thanks for the compliment :-) I must wear it well. I'm
*considerably* older than you think I am.

[...]

> But I suppose your position as - what? the "editor" of the DNSO.org drafts?
> - puts you in a position to be instructing others in how to read the
> obnoxious proposals of the ICC.

You read it how you like. I was responding to your interpretation
of what I said, which was faulty.

[...]

> ICIIU Proposal for Membership Criteria in the DNSO
>
> DNSO membership is open to any person who is the registrant of a second
> level domain name under the generic TLDs, or of a third level domain name
> under the ccTLDs where second level domains are generic; or any person
> directly delegated to represent such a person.
>
> I think that's a thoughtful and considered comment likely to lead to
> productive debate and a polite and agreeable compromise, too. Don't you?
> Please add it to the DNSO merger draft. Thanks.

Thank you for your input. The current merge draft is already more
inclusive than your definition:

"Any legally defined entity or individual person is eligible to
be a member of the DNSO."

--
Kent Crispin, PAB Chair				"Do good, and you'll be
kent@songbird.com				lonesome." -- Mark Twain