Re: Voting mechanisms: the Amer. Arbit. Assoc.

Dr Eberhard W Lisse (el@linux.lisse.na)
Sat, 16 Jan 1999 11:19:40 +0200

Jeff,

In message <369F75C5.FC9FF86D@ix.netcom.com>, jeff Williams writes:

> > Where can we pull the source code for review?

> Source code is not readily available as it is in a paten process.
> However we could make some arrangements. I would suggest offhand,
> that you use srinkwraped stuff. Failing that and source code is
> necessary, an NDA/NCA agreement will be necessary for starters.

NDA/NCA is no problem, obviously.

> I will need to clear price with the my board.

That is not necessary, as we'd want it for free, obviously as your
contribution to an open, fair, transparent and neutral DNSO process.

> No one has requested source code to date.

But with these allegations flying around all the time, I would have
thought you in particular would consider prudent to review the code
before using it.

> > Which organization would be accepteable to run and certify the poll?
>
> Very good question.

But, can you answer it, please?

> However it is not polling software. It is VOTING software. We
> would have to discuss how and where testing could be done and under
> what specific conditions.

> If you want me to implement the product I would be happy to do so in
> conjunction with any competent staff that any DNSO might have
> available.

Thank you for the offer, but it might be wiser to have a third party
not involved in any of this do it.

Please make a suggestion for a mutually agreeable third party.

el