ICANN Meeting schedule - please announce as in advance as possible

Kilnam Chon (chon@cosmos.kaist.ac.kr)
Mon, 18 Jan 1999 12:52:41 +0900

Please make meeting announcements as EARLY as possible.
People in many countries need these information in ADVANCE, from several
weeks to several months(unlike some people in USA and other countries, who
need only a few days' notice).

To start with, please announce the following at ICANN Website;

1. ICANN Singapore Meetings
does the meetings include *SO meetings? at DNSO, many of us think
that there are DNSO-related meeting at Singapore.

2. ICANN Berlin Meetings, late April
please announce with the above tentative schedule if you don't have
any further information on this matter.

3. ICANN Latin America Meetigns, August
(same as above)

On Fri, Jan 15, 1999 at 03:01:24PM -0500, Esther Dyson wrote:
> We have an international board, we will have an international membership,
> and we are an international organization. GIven the international nature of
> the board/ membership, holding meetings outside the US does not necessarily
> add to our travel costs. (THe full board will have even more geographic
> diversity than the current Initial Board, and will definitely include - per
> the bylaws (Article V, Section 6) - someone from Latin America/Caribbean,
> along with at least one person from five other listed geogrpahic regions.)
>
> FWIW, the board is holding its next large-scale public meeting n Singapore
> on March 3, in conjunction with APRICOT. There wil also be a number of
> commiittee meetings on March 2, and a board meeting on March 4. In late

> April, we'll be having another such meeting in Berlin. And in August we plan

> to meet in Latin America.