Re: [dnsproc-en] .com versus .org

Dirceu Pereira (dpsrosa@ax.ibase.org.br)
Mon, 18 Jan 1999 01:51:27 -0200

At 19:00 16/01/1999 +0100, Michael Bracker wrote:
>hi Dirceu,
>hi *,
>
>At 18:07 15.01.99 , Dirceu Pereira wrote:
>>Hey all
>>
>>I can hardly believe that likelihood of confusion would arise from .coms to
>>.orgs
>>
>>Or the general public is not aware that corporations have been using the
>>.com ???
>I think everybody who gets in contact sees once a table of the TLD's.
>You can imagine that everybody knows that.

So, I hope you can tell that to the folks who are trying to block the
"veronica.org"
domain. My comments were based on that issue, and not on mere assumptions
that .com and
,org could bring confusion or not.

>I really don't like it if a commercial company has a .org TLD. This is not
>the right way to deal with TLD's. They can have .com but they needn't .com
>.org .net and so on.
>
>I don't know if this question was off-topic, but I think so.

Considering the prior message, my thoughts were covering the topic. Let's
see how the veronica.com and veronica.org case goes on, and I suggest you
to get informed about it. I am looking for further info on it, but haven't
been able to read much :) .

>I hope there will be a little more traffic about the real questions :-)))))

I hope too.. Anyway, it wasn't very kind of you to flame me without reading
the whole thread :) Right now, I would be delighted to read your real
questions :)

Dirceu