Re: info on gc

Kent Crispin (kent@songbird.com)
Mon, 30 Jun 1997 12:17:55 -0700

On Mon, Jun 30, 1997 at 09:18:40AM +0600, Judy Zachariasen wrote:
> >Hi everybody!!!
> >Can anybody give me some dates when permits (the zillion year ones) are not
> >req. and maybe some weather info at those times? Thanks, Mark
>
> Hey, Mark -
>
> Bad news - permits are always required in GC. Not as many people want to go
> in the winter, but they don't issue many permits then either. You can get a
> permit on short notice to do the Colorado between Diamond Creek and Lake
> Mead (about 40-50 mile run, I think), but you still need a permit (also
> issued by River Permits Office of GCNP)

Hmmm -- I was under the impression that lower canyon permits were
issued by the Hualapai? Also, the rapids are washed out by the lake
fairly early on, and you may have to do many miles of rowing on flat
water against a strong headwind...but you still have the Canyon to look
at, and maybe a tow can be arranged...

--
Kent Crispin				"No reason to get excited",
kent@songbird.com			the thief he kindly spoke...