Re: Private Waiting List

Jerry Trottmann (jtrottma@hach.com)
Tue, 17 Jun 1997 08:10:43 -0600 (MDT)

At 04:01 PM 6/16/97 -0700, you wrote:

>If anyone is so inclined, drop a note to the list and introduce yourself.

Ok, I'm usually a "List Lurker" but since no one else is talking... Here's
some biographical info. I'm called 'Pop' by my granddaughter 'Lydia
Wren'(6yr/old) and have been canoeing since the '70, started rafting WW in
'88 and kayaking last year. I did my first GC trip in '93 with 10 friends
and got on the list that same year. The plan is to take my two grandsons,
Jared(12yr/old) and John(14yr/old) on a private CG trip before they finish
High School.

We all live in Ft. Collins and boat mostly the Cache la Poudre, Jared is the
better kayaker in the family.

I drew a Yampa River permit this year and had 18 people in 4 rafts, 4 cats,
and 4 kayaks on my permit that launched May 26. The Yampa was running about
19,000cfs and Warm Spring really reminded me of Upset and Horn rapids on
CG. The last day we did Split Mountain ( 9 miles) in a little over an hour.
That is the fastest I have ever seen the river. You did not have to oar,
just keep the boat pointed down stream and off the walls. The Green is
really more fun a lower water.

We had and excellent snow pack west in the Colorado mountains this winter
and all the river have high water. The Cache la Poudre peaked last week and
is clearing up a bit. Today I need to line up some people fill the raft so
we can paddle raft again on Saturday. In July I will be leading two canoe
trips on the North Platte in Wyo.
If I could just figure a way to retire from this engineering job, I could be
a full time grandpa and part-time river dog.

When I did the CG I was oaring a 14' NRS, but now have an AIRE 14'. There
is also a Grumman canoe, and a Dagger Vortex kayak in our 'fleet'. The
grandson paddles a Dagger Blast. Now if I could just get the other grandson
'fired up' to get a boat!!!!
See you all on the river.....

#==Paddle Hard -- Laugh Often ========================#
# Jerry B. Trottmann