Re: Intro & Camp site request

Jerry Trottmann (jtrottma@hach.com)
Thu, 19 Jun 1997 07:54:40 -0600 (MDT)

At 03:02 PM 6/18/97 -0600, you wrote:

>Camp site Request: I would be interested in hearing of favorite
>campsites and recommendations from you that would make the trip
>special. Especially interested in hearing from those who have been
>through in the last 12 months.
>Thanks, Bruce

I went in '93, but would recommend a layover day at the campsite just above
or at Unkar Rapid. Ferry across the river and do the hike to the top of the
mesa that over looks the rapid. There are ruins on the south side of the
river also, but they are hard to find. One of our group found a pink quartz
arrow point that was left on a ledge above the camp. We took pictures and
then left it for someone else to find. Good Luck, Have a great trip, and
leave the arrow point for everyone to enjoy...
#==Paddle Hard -- Laugh Often ========================#
# Jerry B. Trottmann