Re: CHARTER - FINAL DECISION

From: J. William Semich (bill@mail.nic.nu)
Date: Sat Jan 29 2000 - 13:03:34 PST

To set the record straight, Stafford Guest, the Administrative Contact for
NU, is the voting member for .NU of the ccTLD constituency, based on the
ccTLD constistuency's own rules
(see http://www.wwtld.org/const-principlesV4.html):

"2.Members of the ccTLD Constituency
        1.Members of the ccTLD Constituency are those recorded managers of
an ISO 3166 country code Top Level Domain Registry in the register
maintained by IANA/ICANN. Managers may decline to join the ccTLD
Constituency."

Only "members" are allowed to vote. I am not a voting member of the ccTLD
constituency, although I do participate in its meetings and discussions,
and am the technical contact for the .NU domain. I believe Randy Bush has a
similar technical role with many ccTLDs whose managers are voting members
of the ccTLD constituency.

Bill Semich

At 05:27 PM 1/29/00 -0300, Raúl Echeberría wrote:
>At 07:59 29/01/00 -0500, you wrote:
>>I support proposal 2 - nice and simple.
>>
>>Bill Semich
>
>Excuse me, but due to the fact that you are a voting member in the ccTLD
>constituency, I believe that you are a non voting NCDNHC member. If I'm
>wrong, please let me know.
>
>YJ, Could you send us the updated list of NCDNHC members ?
>Please !!
>

>Raul Echeberria
>raul@inia.org.uy

---