Re: CHARTER - FINAL DECISION

From: J. William Semich (bsemich@mail.nu)
Date: Sat Jan 29 2000 - 19:26:03 PST

I understand the need to get full information.

Internet Users Society - Niue is a charitable organization who's purpose is
to provide free Internet access to the people of Niue. We are recognized by
the US IRS as a tax-exempt 501(c)(3) charitable foundation.

You can review fully disclosed public information about Internet Users
Society - Niue at

http://www.guidestar.org/search/report/gs-report.adp?ein=04%2d3405524&keywor
ds=Internet%20Users%20Society%20%2d%20Niue&Go.x=13&Go.y=7

If the above URL has a line break in it, you must cut and paste both parts
as a single line URL.
If the URL does not work, you can just go to www.guidstar.org and search
for Internet Users Society - Niue. You might use this form to verify other
US charitable organizations as well.

Stafford Guest is the manager for .NU ccTLD and has the sole vote for the
NU ccTLD in the ccTLD Constituency. The ccTLD Constituency does not
recognize "organizations" as voting members - it only recognizes the
specific named individual who is the Adminstrative Contact for the ccTLD.

I, and the foundation Internet Users Society - Niue, do not have an
official vote in any other Constituency in the DNSO besides NCDNHC.

It remains true, however, that I do not agree with any restrictions by
NCDNHC or any other constituency to prevent active participation in any
constituency by anyone or any entity merely because they are voting or
participating in other constituencies. As I have pointed out many times in
the past, this violates the intent as well as the spirit of the ICANN
bylaws, in particular, Section 3. THE CONSTITUENCIES, which clearly states:
"(a) Each Constituency shall self-organize, and shall determine its own
criteria for participation, except that no individual or entity shall be
excluded from participation in a Constituency merely because of
participation in another Constituency..."

Hope that clarifies things.

Regards,

Bill Semich

At 11:42 PM 1/29/00 -0300, Raúl Echeberría wrote:
>At 16:03 29/01/00 -0500, J. William Semich wrote:
>>To set the record straight, Stafford Guest, the Administrative Contact for
>>NU, is the voting member for .NU of the ccTLD constituency, based on the
>>ccTLD constistuency's own rules
>>(see http://www.wwtld.org/const-principlesV4.html):
>
>Ok Bill. I understood, but what's your "non commercial" organization
>different from the .NU .
>
>Sorry for the question, but I don't have the updated list of NCDNHC's
>members at this moment and I don't remember which organization are you
>representing.
>
>Best Regards,
>

>Raul Echeberria
>raul@inia.org.uy