Re: CHARTER - FINAL DECISION

From: J. William Semich (bsemich@mail.nu)
Date: Sun Jan 30 2000 - 09:49:30 PST

At 12:31 PM 1/30/00 -0500, Milton Mueller wrote:

>In my opinion the effect of Kent's proposal is to disenfranchise the people
>who elected the original NC member.
<Snip>

>If you want to preserve geographic representation on the NC, then
>you must vote for alternate method #1, which allows a geographical NC
>representative to select an alternate that supports their own views.

I don't think that by electing a Names Council member, the electorate has
given a kind of "divine right" to that person so he or she has the right to
name his or her "successor," as was done by the kings and emperors of old.
<smile>

Yet this is what you appear to be proposing...which would *in fact*
disenfranchise the electorate.

Bill Semich

---
You are currently subscribed to ncdnhc-discuss as: Kent@SONGBIRD.COM