Re: CHARTER - FINAL DECISION

From: Milton Mueller (mueller@syr.edu)
Date: Sun Jan 30 2000 - 10:32:33 PST

Bill:
Please try to keep your arguments rational and honest.

No one is talking about a NC representative naming a "successor." We are
talking about temporary replacements in a few situations when an NC rep
can't make the meeting.

An Alternate is simply "standing in" for the elected NC rep. The alternate
is supposed to do what the elected NC rep would do. If you put in an
alternate who represents something different, and perhaps even opposed to
what the actual NC rep wants, then you have disenfranchised the larger
number of people who elected the NC rep in the first place.