Call for Nominations for NCDNHC Elections

From: KathrynKL@aol.com
Date: Sun Jan 30 2000 - 20:04:19 PST

It is my honor to open the nomination process of the Noncommercial Domain
Name Holders Constituency election. We will be electing three
representatives (a number set by ICANN Bylaws for all Constituencies) to the
executive committee of the Domain Name Supporting Organization called the
Names Council. Our representatives will then work with the representatives
of the other six Constituencies.

In addition, the candidates with the most votes from the 4th and 5th
geographic regions will become members of this Administrative Committee - an
innovation that our Constituency introduced into ICANN!

The official period for nomination opens tomorrow, Monday, January 31, and
will close on Sunday, February 6. We hope to have a few days of "meet the
candidates" and dialogue on the list with them as a group, but some issues
with ICANN may force the elections to begin more quickly after the closing of
nominations. The Administriative Committee is tryingt to work this matter
out with ICANN staff and will report back shortly.

Below is information about the requirements for running, the election
schedule, and some additional notes.

Good luck to all!
- Kathy Kleiman, ACM's Internet Governance Committee

I. Requirements for running as set out in our charter:
"To run for the Names Council, a candidate must be affiliated with an
organization that is a member of the NCDNHC, and have the approval of that
organization to run. Any organization may nominate a candidate, and every
nomination must be seconded by another organization."

Thus, the candidate should send a notice to the entire listserv with his/her
name, organization, and indication he/she has approval from the organization
to run. It is very helpful to include a biographical statement.

Further, the nomination must be seconded by a representative of another
organization which is a member of the NCDNHC. This second has generally been
in an email separate from the original nomination.

II. Nominations Schedule.

NOMINATIONS FOR NAMES COUNCIL/ADCOM OPEN: Monday, Jan. 31- Sunday, Feb. 6

III. Note on Alternates
In light of the continuing discussion of charter revisions regarding
alternates, nominees who submit in the early part of the week may choose to
list an alternate, or not. Depending on the outcome of the charter debate,
you may then revise your nomination form on the alternate issue.

Again, good luck!
kathy

---
You are currently subscribed to ncdnhc-discuss as: Kent@SONGBIRD.COM