Re: Schedule of NCDNHC

From: Dr. Nii Quaynor (quaynor@ghana.com)
Date: Fri Feb 04 2000 - 09:52:41 PST

> At 14:50 04/02/00 -0000, Dr. Nii Quaynor wrote:
> >if you are talking about the issue of running mates as alternates, some
of
> >us from Africa dont see it as trivial at all. we rather view it as
> >fundamental and you refused to heed the warning during the debate. So
which
> >other different regions are you looking for advisors from? You *did not*
> >listen for advise from Africa. Sorry.
>

> Nii:
> I really believe that you didn't read well the Proposal that I submitted
> vote last week.
> If not, I don't understand your position.

lest assume that i did not understand. now then , i wonder how come what was
submitted was still referring to running mate alternates in the charter that
was submitted. see below. its rather confusing then.

nii

[ F. Alternates
[
[ While it is anticipated that Names Council representatives will
[ manage the
[ many tasks of Names Council representation, Constituency
[ management and DNSO
[ working group participation, it is also recognized that
[ participation in the
[ many international meetings, international conference calls, and
[ other Names
[ Council duties may from time to time require a sharing of time
[ and costs with
[ an Alternate.
[
[ Each person running for Names Council representative may choose
[ an alternate
[ with whom to run. The alternate candidate must be affiliated with an
[ organization that is a member of the NCDNHC, and have the
[ approval of that
[ organization to run. Further, the alternate must be a citizen of
[ the same
[ geographic region as the Names Council candidate. The names of the two
[ individuals shall be listed together on the voting ballot. A
[ Names Council
[ candidate need not run with an alternate.
[
[ The Alternate shall work closely with the Names Council representative to
[ participate and vote as he/she would have done. The Alternate
[ shall keep the
[ Names Council representative fully informed of his/her actions when
[ participating in
Names Council activities. ***
[
[