Re: Schedule of NCDNHC

From: Raul Echeberria (raul@inia.org.uy)
Date: Fri Feb 04 2000 - 08:01:56 PST

At 14:50 04/02/00 -0000, Dr. Nii Quaynor wrote:
>if you are talking about the issue of running mates as alternates, some of
>us from Africa dont see it as trivial at all. we rather view it as
>fundamental and you refused to heed the warning during the debate. So which
>other different regions are you looking for advisors from? You *did not*
>listen for advise from Africa. Sorry.

Nii:
I really believe that you didn't read well the Proposal that I submitted to
vote last week.
If not, I don't understand your position.

The proposal 1 tryed to include suggestions from you (the role of AdCom
members as alternates) and suggestions from Kathy (principals running with
alternates if they want) and suggestions from David (don't give power to
principal to name alternates during the period in which they are serving in
the NC) and suggestions from Vany (put the name of the alternates in the
same ballot with principals).

THEREFORE :

I didn't try to promote ONE SPECIFIC proposal. I tryed to merge different
opinions those NO ONE of them is my own point of view.
If you remember, I proposed to have an AdCom with 5 representatives from
the 5 regions and 3 NC separately and I proposed to have elections each
time that one NC or AdCom give up and/or withdraw. This was my position
which didn't get significant support.

AND:

I really believe that it is a trivial issue but I believe that this points
should be discussed in the constituency instead of be decided by advisors
with point of view very particular and differents of the most usual points
of view in LATINAMERICA (I'm not speaking about AFRICA).
One thing is to find inconvenient the use of alternates (matter of the
constituency, not advisors) , but another is a legal discussion about by-laws.

Raul Echeberria
raul@inia.org.uy

---
You are currently subscribed to ncdnhc-discuss as: Kent@SONGBIRD.COM