Re: ISOC Chapters and NC membership

From: Kent Crispin (kent@SONGBIRD.COM)
Date: Wed May 10 2000 - 10:42:40 PDT

On Wed, May 10, 2000 at 11:53:26AM -0400, Milton Mueller wrote:
> ISOC's Mexico, Egypt and Ghana chapters are voting members of the
> organization, and as we have already noted, members from these chapters
> sit on the Board of the parent organization.

While this sounds significant, it's not.

Should we then be examining the members of the board of ACM, the
American Library Association, and every other organization, to see what
other organizations they might be members of? You know, I bet that
some of the members of the board of the ACM are also members of ISOC!