Re: ISOC Chapters and NC membership

From: Kent Crispin (kent@SONGBIRD.COM)
Date: Mon May 08 2000 - 16:20:17 PDT

On Tue, May 09, 2000 at 07:41:57AM +0900, Kilnam Chon wrote:
> i agree with george.
> in many developing countries, ISOC chapters are the first internet
> organization, and tends to be the primary orgnization in these countries.
> (ISOC-Benin, Ghana, Mexico,....)
>
> i would propose overseas chapters of ISOC and other global organizations
> are allowed to be the NCC members.
>
> chon

Yes, but I think the language needs to be more precise. How about:

    If an organization has affiliates, chapters, or other similar
    distinct organizational components in different countries, then up
    to one, and no more than one, component per country may join the
    NCC. "Component" for this purpose includes the parent organization.