expertise

From: Dave Crocker (dcrocker@brandenburg.com)
Date: Wed May 17 2000 - 08:12:29 PDT

At 10:42 AM 5/16/00 -0400, James Love wrote:
>Hey Kent. If you actually worked for a noncommercial organization, you

Back to the ad hominems, Jamie? Task. Task. Especially unfortunate since
you got the specific detail exactly wrong. Sloppy, as well as unprofessional.

>might understand how much it pisses some people off when the NCDNHC
>becomes just another vehicle for business interests to have yet another
>vote in ICANN.

Since you present such a strong assertion of authority for your own
knowledge that "it pisses some people off when..." it is now appropriate
for you to explain the basis for your claimed representation:

1. By what methods have you come by your detailed and thorough knowledge
of other people's feelings?

2. How many is "some"? More than 3? Please document this.

In other words, Jamie, constructive participation requires a modicum of
restraint in tone and substance. Your note lacks that restraint on
tone. Likely it equally lacks it on substance.

Answering the questions will help to offset the growing sense among some
people that you are just spouting personal preferences, rather than being a
representative for others, as you claim to be.

At 12:54 PM 5/16/00 -0400, James Love wrote:
>the line someone, and I think it is unfortunate that the NCDNHC is just
>another place where a registar/ccTLD registry/ISP/business interest will
>have an additional vote. It's not as if ICANN has much of a place for

You want this constituency group to be differentiated from all
others. That is an entirely reasonable goal.

It is in the service of that goal that I twice asked questions about the
nature of the claimed/desired differentiation. I got a quick note from you
but no responses from anyone else. As of now, that suggests that the
desire for differentiation does not have serious substance to it.

The way to pursue constructive goals is to construct. In this case, this
constituency needs to construct some clear statements about its
philosophies and goals.

d/

---
You are currently subscribed to ncdnhc-discuss as: Kent@SONGBIRD.COM