PAB ELECTIONS UPDATE

From: Antony Van Couvering (avc@netnamesusa.com)
Date: Fri Dec 05 1997 - 12:54:56 PST

Dear PAB,

Bob Shaw has indicated that he will have the "pab-announce@gtld-mou.org"
email set up by this coming Wednesday.

Given that opinion is about evenly divided as to whether to push ahead
right away with elections, or to wait until the non-list membership can be
informed, I propose that we wait until Wednesday, when I will inform the
non-list members, then vote for a week starting Saturday.

So, the voting schedule will be:

Dec. 5 to Dec. 9 Nominations and debate
Dec. 10 Letter sent to non-list members
Dec. 11 to Dec. 18 Voting
Dec. 19 Election results declared, new officers take office

I will prepare a letter to send to the pab-announce address that will list
the candidates for each position, and include their statements, if any,
regarding their candidacy. I will also include some instructions on how
the vote will take place. This letter I will present to the PAB membership
before sending, to alleviate any worries that the letter will be biased in
any particular direction.

Dan Busarow or Rick Wesson, can you tell me who is handling the election,
and can you forward me a summary of how the election will be conducted?

Bob Connelly, if you have collected the statements of the candidates, can
you compile them and send them to me.

If anyone has objections to this procedure, please let me know.

Yours,

Antony
PAB Chair until I can get this vote done.