PAB Candidate Information

From: Peter Mott (peter@2day.net.nz)
Date: Sat Dec 06 1997 - 16:08:25 PST

Hello folks!

One or two people seem to think I may be a good choice either as chair of
PAB or as a POC observer.

So some stuff about who I am and how I see things may help you decide
whether or not you want to join those who nominated me.

I am a 37 year old New Zealander, and have a technical background in
telecommunications, broadcasting, and information technology.

I own and operate Auckland based 2Day Internet Limited

http://www.2day.net.nz

2Day focuses on the needs of NZ's business community. Our core
competencies are in the area of Internet domain name registration
and name service provision. The site is quite unique in that most of
our services are provisioned automatically in near real time.

I consider myself to be a pragmatic person, able to simplify things
which confuse us all through unnecessary complexity.

I also am not a person to run with the hounds, preferring instead
to draw my own conclusions from the information I have available
to me. I prefer to only make decisions based on facts, but have
been seen to take measured risks in order to get a result.

I view the gTLD-MoU initiative as the preferred option for management
of generic name space at this time. I think as things mature we
will see other initiatives for name space management which does not
fit well with the gTLD-MoU or its supporters.

Far from concerning me, I think other initiatives may well be healthy for
us all in the longer term.

I am a strong advocate for encouraging participation in decision making,
and like to fully exploit technology solutions which aid this objective.

As far as the PAB is concerned, I represent the needs of my company
which is a signatory to the gTLD-MoU. I dont pretend to represent
any other organisation or person.

I see the needs of the wider community being met when a significant
number of smaller organisation such as my company sign up to
participate.

My experience as a customer of more than a few top level domain
registrars, and participation in the process since the formation
of IAHC provides me with sufficient insight to take on either position
for which I have been nominated.

If elected, I will bring my honesty, integrity and of course
my enthusiasm along with me.

Regards,
     Peter Mott
     Chief Enthusiast