Re: PAB new office

From: Kent Crispin (kent@songbird.com)
Date: Wed Dec 24 1997 - 10:19:06 PST

On Wed, Dec 24, 1997 at 03:20:23AM +0100, Sascha Ignjatovic wrote:

> dear new pab officers
>
> whan you want "start your office" :-)
> or give us a sign that you are alive and accept this office :-)

Thanks for your interest, Sascha. Of course, I accept.

As Peter said, it is a busy time right this very moment. But there are
so many things to do, and you are right to prod us on...I will put
down some of my initial thoughts in this message. More will follow.

Here are 4 big open PAB tasks:

1) Gather PAB input Maher's document, and provide it to POC
2) Start a public email archive (if people agree)
3) Clarify and streamline the election (consensus) process
4) Build a charter that can be publicly posted

It has been my experience that the best way to get something done is
to make some person responsible for getting it done. My first goal,
therefore, is to get a human (other than me) associated with each of
these tasks. That person will be responsible to the membership of PAB
for getting the task done. Borrowing Peter's terminology, we need
some "Chief Enthusiasts", who have the job of wringing a finished
product out of the PAB membership. If we used IETF terminology, we
could call these people "Working Group Chairs".

Selection of these people is an open problem. I think our new POC
reps are logical people to take on the responsibility for task
number 1, but they may disagree. I am interested in volunteers, and,
if necessary, I will seek them out :-).

Besides these specific tasks I have an agenda that I would like
people to think about. I will try to get some coherent words
together sometime in the very near future, and post them on the list.

--
Kent Crispin				"No reason to get excited",
kent@songbird.com			the thief he kindly spoke...