Re: PAB Composition of POC

From: Peter Mott (peter@2day.net.nz)
Date: Thu Jan 08 1998 - 13:01:48 PST

>one simple question about the PAB appointing folks to the POC.
>can the PAB appoint folks that have not signed the gTLD-MoU?

Tricky question.

Here's my understanding on this ...

The only people who can participate in PAB are those individuals
appointed by organisations who have signed the gTLD-MoU

I think when POC offered observer positions, they did this on
the basis that the observers would in fact be PAB participants.

I would expect that if PAB appointed somebody other than a
PAB participant (appointed by a gTLD-MoU Signatory) POC
would reconsider these observation roles.

regards

Peter Mott
2Day Internet Limited.
http://www.2day.net.nz