Re: PAB Composition of POC

From: Peter Mott (peter@2day.net.nz)
Date: Thu Jan 08 1998 - 19:58:43 PST

This may be a bit out of line and even scary but I think we are headed for
some stife.

Please consider this...

The gTLD-MoU has a somewhat autocratic approach to control and decision
making. It basically gives POC the right to run the show as it sees fit.

This is an unfortunate model, as it causes those who have a stake in the
process but not part of the control mechanism to attempt to reduce or
eliminate risk of something happening which affects them in an adverse
manner.

And so the focus centres on how to control who is in power rather than
delivering service to the customer.

A few months down the road we see CORE becoming suspicious of and probably
wanting to control POC (not too unreasonable given the investment they have
made)

We see PAB looking to establish itself in a way which gives it greater
participation / control over POC.

All of this is naturally devisive, and if not addressed will in my view
result in POC / CORE at least running head to head in public (real bad PR)
and possibly PAB getting in there as well.

One of the things which I have been advocating from the very outset is to
give the entire organisation a name (not just one part of it) and identify
the customer / supplier relationships very clearly, so everybody inside and
outside the organisation can see what we are about, and where they fit in.

Is anybody else with me on this one, or is this message a distraction from
whats important?

regards

Peter Mott
2Day Internet Limited.