Re: PAB Composition of POC

From: Peter Mott (peter@2day.net.nz)
Date: Thu Jan 08 1998 - 20:54:30 PST

>> The gTLD-MoU has a somewhat autocratic approach to control and decision
>> making. It basically gives POC the right to run the show as it sees fit.

>Thats really not true. First of all, the POC is under dramatic
>external political pressure. Second of all, the POC's members are all
>selected by other bodies which thus hold the power to indirectly
>influence the POC's decisions.

I was talking about what the MoU says, not what POC says or has done.

Your response actually reinforces what I say. Because the MoU gives POC
so much control, everybody wants to get in there and make sure POC does
what they want.

POC could become so pre-occupied with its own survival that it looses sight
of other parts of the organisation. This I think would be a detriment to
the entire process.

regards

Peter Mott
2Day Internet Limited.