Re: PAB Consensus Call: Email archives

From: Peter Mott (peter@2day.net.nz)
Date: Mon Jan 12 1998 - 11:18:09 PST

>the "confidentiality and competition" of the busines world wich aplly
>there very well aplys not automaticaly in other aspects of the society
>and maybe even not in the internet itsself-imagine a "confidentiality and
>competition" model for the protocol internet is using to be internet !!

This is not a business vs non business issue.

There are several (and no doubt more soon) initatives all positioning to
participate in and / or control the TLD name space.

Now if you could get everybody with such diverse views to sit down and sort
out who was going to do what, then fine. But I think we can assume they
are going to engage in a more tradional fashion.

That being the case, to win the gTLD-MoU needs to play the game the others
are playing. There is no point standing on the sideline shouting "foul".

This is the real world Sascha, and its tough going out there.

The gTLD-MoU organisation will not get what it believes to be best for
its signatories by telling the entire world how exactly it intends
acheiving this objective before it does it.

>you have forgot to mention that you are the
>policy advisory body's gtld-mou policy oversight committee observer :-)

I am appointed by the PAB yes. I am observing POC as well as I can.
If you or others have some expectation of me in this role,
I would be pleased to hear them.

regards

Peter Mott
Chief Enthusiast
2Day Internet Limited.
gTLD-MoU Policy Oversight Committee observer