Re: PAB Consensus Call: Email archives

From: Sascha Ignjatovic (sascha@isoc.vienna.org)
Date: Mon Jan 12 1998 - 11:04:32 PST

On Tue, 13 Jan 1998, Peter Mott wrote:

> I strongly suggest everybody take a look at the entire organisations
> needs rather than just PAB's self serving desire to pander to the
> wishes of a few who think we are a secret society.
>
> regards
>
> Peter Mott

mr.mott you seams to see the wholle internet domain name system-gtld
process as a BUSINES thing

but it seams to be more than ONLY busines

it hase also POLITICAL aspects too - wich in this mail i dont want to
elaborate

so to bring ONLY busines world mechanisms to work is a little TO LES
in my opinion

there is a political aspect in this process and it is at least so
importend like the busines aspect and hase its own management rouls

the "confidentiality and competition" of the busines world wich aplly
there very well aplys not automaticaly in other aspects of the society
and maybe even not in the internet itsself-imagine a "confidentiality and
competition" model for the protocol internet is using to be internet !!

you will end up with several competing protocols and internet would become
"extranets" even for the purporse of having a "uniq" internet domain name
system is the cooperation model not such a bad aproach-imagine when you
"close" up the gtld process some "competing" models would apear-wich we
have seen already -one may say this may be good or bad i dont know
but it makes the work not easyer :-)

thanks
sascha

> Chief Enthusiast
> 2Day Internet Limited.
> gTLD-MoU Policy Oversight Committee observer

you have forgot to mention that you are the
policy advisory body's gtld-mou policy oversight committee observer :-)

i know it is to long :-) but is could be

PAB's gTLD-MoU Policy Oversight Committee observer

otherwise it is missleading or at least not complet
without his "political" aspect :-)

pps.we should definitely adopt the "good things" from the busines world
    for the busines aspects of the process and from the "political world"
    the "good things" for the political aspects of the
    internet domain name system gtld process-becouse when we not adress
    the "political aspects" of the internet than somebody else hase to do
    it some governments probably ? :-)