PAB Just so you know...

From: Antony Van Couvering (avc@netnamesusa.com)
Date: Wed Jan 28 1998 - 10:28:54 PST

Dear All,

An interesting spam reached me today...

Antony

>Date: Wed, 28 Jan 1998 04:12:59 +0100
>From: A78914142@msn.com
>To: A78914142@msn.com
>Subject: Reach for your dreams!
>
>Buying and Selling Domain Names for Profit
>
>If you could have registered the domain name www.microsoft.com before the
Microsoft Corporation did, how much do you think Bill Gates would have paid
you to obtain it? The truth of the matter is there are many other
businesses that will be registering their domain name in the very near
future and do not realize anyone could have already registered it! These
same businesses could be coming to you, with their corporate cash in hand,
wanting to pay you to obtain their domain name!

>Let's face it, the Internet is here to stay. Many businesses, big and
small, are creating their commercial presence on the Internet monthly.
Because of this, a new opportunity has evolved for anyone wishing to cash
in on the growth of the Internet.

>Some may be skeptical of this new and profitable opportunity. Trust me, I
completely understand. Before I started registering domain names for
resale, I viewed all the pros and cons. With a limited budget (trust me,
it was very limited!), it was easy to disregard any opportunity that would
tighten my families budget even further. However, I realized there was
such a strong growth in the Internet (unlike any other investment
opportunity), I was going to invest in my vision. Where there is growth,
there is opportunity. With the complete support of my wife, I purchased
two domain names. Shortly thereafter, I sold one domain name for over a
1,800% markup! This one sale opened the door to, what is now, a much
brighter future.

>With the significant amount of money I have earned from this vision, I
have been afforded the financial means to pursue other unrelated areas of
interest. Because of this, I am presenting you with the same opportunity
to utilize my experience and knowledge to profit from the resale of domain
names. I have assembled an affordable manual (only $12.00 plus $2.00 S/H)
that will descriptively outline the secrets I have used to achieve the
highest level of success. I cover many topics including the following:
"Tips To Choose The Most Profitable Domain Names", "Where To Register Your
Domain Names", "Why You Never Need To Advertise Ownership Of A Domain
Name", "How To Negotiate Sales For Maximum Profit", "How To Transfer
Ownership Of Domain Names", and many others. I even provide E-mail support
to assist you if the need should arise. Upon receipt of this manual, you
will have all the information to start immediately. For ordering
information, please scroll to the bottom of this E-mail.

>If you still are undecided about this opportunity, I truly understand. We
all receive E-mail that suggests someone has found a way to make you rich.
However, this type of opportunity is relatively unheard of. That is why
those that take advantage of this opportunity now will see the largest
profits. Once the market becomes saturated, one will have less domain
names to profit from. The Internet is growing quickly. By investing in
this manual, you are actually investing in your own financial future. Any
successful man or woman has one similar trait. They recognized an
opportunity and seized it with both hands. If you do not have this same
vision, how will you ever see an opportunity when it presents itself?

>To order, please send check or money order for $12.00 (plus $2.00 S/H) to:
>
>Woosley Enterprises
>26101 Country Club Blvd.
>Suite 1123
>North Olmsted, OH 44070
>
>Please include your complete postal address and E-mail address (those that
wish E-mail support).
>Your order will be shipped (snail mail) within one week after your payment
has been received! Payments received by certified check or money order
ship within 24 hours!