PAB USG Green Paper

From: Perry E. Metzger (perry@piermont.com)
Date: Mon Feb 02 1998 - 08:17:44 PST

I hate to say this, and it is going to be contraversial, but we are
under no obligation to listen to Ira Magaziner. We should simply
continue forward. I mean that. The U.S. government does NOT control
the entire Internet -- at best it controls the NSI contract. The
Internet is an international entity. We are not under any obligation
to go ahead with a half baked idea that the White House came up
with. The gTLD MoU was well thought out, the database has been
designed and built, and there is no reason whatsoever to change our
plans. We should tell Mr. Magaziner "thank you for your input, and we
appreciate your concern, but unfortunately we have moved way to far
ahead to stop now."

Perry