Re: Motion to accept Re: PAB charter

From: Perry E. Metzger (perry@piermont.com)
Date: Wed Feb 04 1998 - 15:54:08 PST

Jim Dixon writes:
> On Wed, 4 Feb 1998, Perry E. Metzger wrote:
>
> > Jim Dixon writes:
> > > The gTLD MOU is absolutely dead in the water at this point.
> >
> > Go away, Jim. With help like yours, we really don't need Ira
> > Magaziner.
>
> Perry, we ALL know how much help you gave the gTLD MOU.

I was one of the people who created it. If you want to destroy it, why
did you bother sign it?

If you want to come here and say 'the MoU is dead', I think there are
better uses of our time. So far as I can tell, in spite of the
U.S. administrations's delusions of grandeur, the U.S. does not yet
rule the world and the Internet DNS is not, even under U.S. law,
something that Ira Magaziner has plenipotentiary power over. From what
I can tell, the MoU is not dead. If you wish to spend your time trying
to discourage us, maybe you could spend it elsewhere.

Perry