Re: PAB Re: filing instructions

From: K S LIM (ks_lim@logchina.com.sg)
Date: Fri Feb 06 1998 - 17:09:42 PST

Kent Crispin wrote:

> Sorry to follow up on my own post. I saw something today that
> indicated that Congress will have to review the Green Paper before
> anything can be done about it, and that therefore, due to the fact
> that Congress will go into recess for a while, that comments before
> Feb 12 would be more important.
>
> According to the preface to the GP, it will be posted in the
> Congressional Record, and the comment period will actually be
> determined by the publication date. Has anyone heard anything about
> it actually being published? Or anything concrete about the real end
> to the comment period? We should know this.
>
> --
> Kent Crispin, PAB Chair "No reason to get excited",
> kent@songbird.com the thief he kindly spoke...
> PGP fingerprint: B1 8B 72 ED 55 21 5E 44 61 F4 58 0F 72 10 65 55
> http://songbird.com/kent/pgp_key.html
Dear Kent
I have no idea on the answers you require here. But I feel increasingly
concerned for the outcome of this GP matter. At best it would still
delay our plan for the new TLDs and it would be unfair for the CORE
members who may have invested in various business plans and counted on
the new TLDs to be available on schedule(Neither myself nor my company
has any interest in any member of CORE). I would urge the members of
PAB to consider setting up a task force to consider alternatives, i.e.
plans that can allow us to proceed even with this uncertainty introduced
by the GP.
Best regards.

--
KS LIM