Re: PAB What's happening

From: Sascha Ignjatovic (sascha@isoc.vienna.org)
Date: Wed Feb 11 1998 - 16:49:16 PST

On Wed, 11 Feb 1998, Kent Crispin wrote:

> It is probably also a good idea to submit an official PAB response.
> To that end I will produce a short draft this weekend, and submit it
> to the list.

we should definitely have a offical pab response

so you are coordinating and collecting thoughts already expresed on the
pab list by some members and try to bring them in in some draft of a
response by this weekend ? or do you need some substantial comments
again from our wizards ?

> Note that too my knowledge the GP has not yet been published in the
> Federal Register. There is a congressional adjournment from Feb 12
> through Feb 24th, I believe, which has effects I don't understand on
> the process.

i would encourage a official contact between pab and the people
responsible for the GP-must not be mr.magaziner
i think more the officers from the ntia and commerce departement-like
backy bur-or what ever his name is :-)

it is a serious matter and it would be good to have first hand contact
with our "counterparts" :-)

there should be no problems there just to write to them and ask who is
inchargt there and deal out with them all the conditions around the
response to the GP -wich is also just a respons as GP was a respons to the
gtld mou

so the matter is who hase the AUTORITY and as mr.heat is proposing that
the internet founding community hase the main autority and that they like
to cooperate with us government but are not complitely dependent on them

we should definitely get some legal experts in our round
i think that mr.Karl Auerbach from www.cavebear.com hase some profound
juridical knowledge-as he hase respond to the ietf list with some very
deep inside into the american juridical and constitutional system and
hase wrote already some deep elaboration on the national science
foundation "problematics"-also
mr.perry metzger hass show some strong civilian curage and knowledge :-)
so we should include in our respons some vuews on the fundamental
juridical aspects and rights in the matter of internet and dns and
governemts responsibility/jurudical posibility

and of course we should establish contacts to congress and to specific
officers there who may be at the right office and place
and to get and give so first hand information

> Finally, I encourage you to all look at the current comments, at
>
> http://www.ntia.doc.gov/ntiahome/domainname/130dftmail/
>
> Note that if you submit comments on a light day, or early in the
> morning, they will probably appear first. Also note that the comments
> are html-ized, so any text formatting will be lost -- I noticed that
> my comments on monopoly registrars were sort of munged.

thank you for encouragement
i would also personaly submit my sugestions to them
as good i can

thanks
sascha