PAB Faxsav and Faxlauncher.

From: Robert F. Connelly (rconnell@psi-japan.com)
Date: Mon Feb 23 1998 - 04:49:41 PST

Dear PAB Members:

In case you want to FAX by Internet to Congress:

Dear CORE Members:

During our last Teleconf, someone asked about ways to bombard Congress over the
Internet.

I have been using "faxsav" for several years.  It is reliable and inexpensive.
There are two ways of using it:

1. You can use "faxlauncher" to "print" to FAX, much as you would with WinFAX.
You can "print" from a word processor (e.g. MS Word) or Excel or almost any
other program with a printer output.

2. You can use "faxsav" to send FAX correspondence from your Email system, e.g.
Eudora.  In this case, you put one or more of the following in the "to" line:

 Bill Connelly <1-303-277-9419@faxsav.com>
 Duane Connelly <81-3-3234-6915@faxsav.com>

You can mix conventional Email with FAXes.  I often send both to a recipient,
just to be sure that I reach him/her/them as quickly as possible without
waiting for them to sign on and read their mail.

You can file your outgoing messages along with other Email.  You receive
confirmations, which you can also file with Email.

To minimise fraud, FaxSav assigns six letter "stamps" to users.  Stamps are
normally good for 20 uses.  You'll see a "stamp" at the end of the "signature"
to this message.

To download the free software and register, go to
<http://www.faxsav.com/>http://www.faxsav.com

By the way, the present signature is for Jfax, a very different system.  From
Jax I can receive FAXes or voice messages over the Internet.

Personal regards.
BobC

PSI-EU "Virutal Office".
rconnell@psi-japan.com
Internet Voice/FAX Interface
Voice or FAX messages will be forwarded to R.F. Connelly.
Call or FAX to +44-171-691-7508.
Please limit voice messages to one minute.
DqC7Zx