PAB elections

From: Kent Crispin (kent@songbird.com)
Date: Mon Feb 23 1998 - 23:26:41 PST

Folks, back on Feb 5 I posted the following concerning election of a
replacement POC observer:

  If there is no disagreement, nominations will open 1 week from today
  on 2359Z Feb 11, and closed on 2359Z Feb 25, when a standard two
  week election period will open.

The nomination period is rapidly drawing to a close. There have been
no nominations, and every evidence that everyone is either too busy or
too distracted to deal with elections at this time -- certainly I have
been far too busy dealing with the challenge the Green Paper presents
to think much about it. Much of my effort has been spent coming up to
speed on the real dynamics of the political process we are caught in,
and I suspect we are all dealing with these complexities.

I propose, therefore, that the election process be extended, and that
nominations be accepted until two weeks after March 23 (the day that
comments on the GP are due). By that time, hopefully, we will have
both the time to think about elections, and a better idea of how
significant they may be.

--
Kent Crispin, PAB Chair			"No reason to get excited",
kent@songbird.com			the thief he kindly spoke...