Re: PAB The Green Paper and competing registries

From: Kent Crispin (kent@songbird.com)
Date: Tue Feb 24 1998 - 09:22:50 PST

On Tue, Feb 24, 1998 at 03:56:43PM +0000, Jim Dixon wrote:
> On Tue, 24 Feb 1998, Perry E. Metzger wrote:
[...]
> > Or, Jim, is your goal here to distract us sufficiently that we get
> > nothing done?
>
> Perry, is it your goal to start flame wars and distract everyone
> from the real issues?

Folks, I suggest that we not waste time arguing with Jim. Further,
may I suggest that you not reply to him, because discussion with him
too frequently goes down a rathole. Instead, if he makes a point you
feel should be addressed, speak to the list about that point. That
is, address the point, not the person.

I expect that over time the list will gain a goodly supply of
argumentative individual; we need to develop discussion practices that
minimize their impact.

--
Kent Crispin, PAB Chair			"No reason to get excited",
kent@songbird.com			the thief he kindly spoke...