Re: PAB some policy advising: Arts

From: Dan Busarow (dan@dpcsys.com)
Date: Tue Feb 24 1998 - 18:35:17 PST

On Tue, 24 Feb 1998, William Allen Simpson wrote:
> The answer, of course, is that .Arts was chosen because it looks to be
> the _least_ popular appeal. Why start with a "middle"? If we want to
> get some deployment experience, with the least possible financial
> liability for the registrars, the least is the one to use.

Because the least popular may not have enough demand for meaningful
experience. I'll stand by my suggestion that CORE make the choice,
it's their money.

> And absolutely _not_ limit ourselves to one TLD, just _start_ with one.

Totally agree.

Dan

--
 Dan Busarow                                                  714 443 4172
 DPC Systems / Beach.Net                                    dan@dpcsys.com